The Welsh Snow/Sand Castle Contest

Wild Canary
@wild-canary
01/22/09 06:14:53PM
10 posts
Great job, guys! I was too busy shovelling snow to notice the contest notice. We still have plenty of time to enter, though with our weather. We just don't have a camera at the mo...you will have to imagine:)
gaabi
@gaabi
01/15/09 03:56:22AM
135 posts
WOW, Dave, coool! Was it buckets for the big parts and plastic cups for the turrets? That's really clever and I bet making it was a lot of fun! My boys loved that and they want to do it, too!
Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
01/13/09 04:53:03AM
568 posts

With half the country under snow, we thought it would be fun to throw down the gauntlet in a photo contest challenge to who can create the best snow or sand castle (depending on your latitude) .

The rules are pretty simple, make a castle/fort looking thing out of snow or sand, stick a Welsh flag on the top of it, take a picture and post it on this forum .

If anyone fancies taking up the position of adjudicating the contest in exchange for offering a prize to the winner it would be much appreciated .

Here are a couple of suggestions on which to model your castle. For the ambitious...Caernarfon Castle: -

For the less ambitious an early motte and bailey ( simply substitute flag for tree on top ):-

updated by @ceri-shaw: 12/09/15 06:30:28AM