Top Ten Welsh Albums of 2008

David Thomas Jones
@david-thomas-jones
12/23/08 12:28:12AM
3 posts
Thanks Tafia for putting the Fron forward however Voices of the Valley was nominated for a Classical Brit in 2007 it went gold within three days and is now double platinum. Voices of the Valley Encore was nominated for a Classical Brit award in 2008 and has also gone platinum our third album Voices of the Valley Home released in November went straight into the UK Classic Charts at number one. We've got our fingers crossed for a third Classical Brit nomination however if we get it I doubt if it will be a case of third time lucky for a Welshman we will more than likely be up against the Priests (three Irish priest and the Vatican choir) which are the big crossover act of 2008.
dave martin
@dave-martin
11/21/08 10:11:12PM
90 posts
i went to best buy today and that was the featured album on the pa , brian jones and mary hopkins love child?
ArthMawr
@arthmawr
11/15/08 06:58:16AM
13 posts
Neon Neon Neon Neon - should be the Americymru theme album since it is a collaboration between Gruf of Super Furry Animals and Producer Boom Bip from over by here.The Album is called Stainless Steel and is inspired by the Delorean motor car, amongst other things Neon Neon - I Lust U
ArthMawr
@arthmawr
11/15/08 06:52:51AM
13 posts
Send Away the Tigers - Manic Street Preachers Dang - That was 2007, ok wait a second...
Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
11/15/08 12:15:06AM
568 posts
errrrm...no 'fraid not. We'll need a whole new category for that one.....lol.
Brian y Tarw Llwyd
@brian-y-tarw-llwyd
11/15/08 12:11:36AM
33 posts
Albums, eh? I suppose I can't nominate robert's video of "Welshmen Can't Rap" then, can I?hehe
Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
11/15/08 12:02:10AM
568 posts

Nominate your favorite Welsh or Welsh American album of 2008 here. Nominations are open till Jan 1st. Voting will take place during January. Feel free to throw in a few youtube links if you can find them. The idea is to showcase the musical explosion that has taken place in recent years and give people a few ideas for christmas presents.

I'll kick off by nominating the most obvious choice. "Rockferry" by Duffy ( released March 2008 )Heres the title track from YouTube. Rockferry And heres her homepage. Duffy Official Site

Rockferry

updated by @ceri-shaw: 12/15/15 03:05:51AM