Gareth Williams
@gareth-williams
10/02/08 11:02:27AM
77 posts
Folks, Neil Hughes and myself have been having a good chat on my discussion Brtish through and through and its prompted me to get in and research on this wonderful medium the internet, which makes us all college professors these days.The term Celtic is a cultural and linguistic grouping for the tribes of central Europe circa 4000-2000 years ago, not racial. Ancient Brythonic language ie the Mother of old and modern Welsh was a relatively young language here when the Romans arrived, thats outstanding, so what kind of language were we speaking a few hundred years before the Roman occupation???My search for identity goes deeper and deeper, as those of you who know me are aware that I had my DNA tested and the paternal line can be traced back to the earliest post ice age hunters on these islands (8000 years ago), and Im sure as hell that these hairy bad boys didnt speak Welsh !!!So how did I become Welsh?I went back further, to AfricaMost experts agree on the out of Africa theory ref Homo sapiens, and that we were all black.Wouldnt you just love to say that in downtown Hicksville Alabama!!! haha I would if I had a weapon to hand whilst saying it!White evolved from pure lack of necessity as migration Northwards bred it out over generations and guesstimates is that white pigment were only here in numbers at around 40,000 years ago, roughly at around the same time as the Neanderthals expired.So you see, wise old Native Americans will be nodding their head at this and saying 'even then the approach of the white man heralded doom for anyone who stood in his way!!Gaz
updated by @gareth-williams: 12/04/15 03:57:45PM