Celtic Maidens by Ceri Norman

Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
07/14/11 12:44:21AM
8 posts

Ceri, I put a review and the link of your book on my blog! It will show up on fb and on twitter. Just wanted you to know.

www.lorageneva.com

Lora :)

Ceri Norman
@ceri-norman
01/09/11 06:58:35PM
9 posts
Thank you ever so much Gaynor! Have a wonderful New Year!
Gaynor Madoc Leonard
@gaynor-madoc-leonard
01/02/11 03:52:35PM
302 posts

Hi Ceri

Just letting you know that I've posted a review of Celtic Maidens on Librarything.com, which, in turn, is linked to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

I've now started using Facebook for my book but trying to add the Facebook link to my website has been a nightmare. I follow the instructions and don't seem to get anywhere!

It's great that you'll be at the Essex Book Festival, I hope that goes well for you.

Best wishes for 2011,

Gaynor

Ceri Norman
@ceri-norman
12/27/10 12:22:34PM
9 posts

Hi Gaynor, Aw, thank you. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. :o) Also thanks for your tips; we've had promo materials done and dropped off at various events and stores. Thankfully I am on the catalogue (if not actually stocked) for some of the biggest UK booksellers, which is a start. Getting into US stores seems to be much more difficult, perhaps because of the geographical challenge?

Iuse twitter and FaceBook, the latter far more effectively it seems.Yes, having a website for the book has proved invaluable. I have a page for the book and pages forthe magazines I write for. Networking via events and FaceBook seems to have worked wonders!

I'll be part of the Essex Book Festival in March 2011, giving a talk at Colchester Library. I saw your post about Welsh greetings in the Colchester Tourist Centre cards. Perhaps Colchester is making a move back to its Celtic past? Or perhaps its "Little Wales" area isn't so little any more...

Best wishes for the New Year and thanks again, Ceri

Gaynor Madoc Leonard
@gaynor-madoc-leonard
12/24/10 05:42:36PM
302 posts

I just wanted to say that I've now read Celtic Maidens and really enjoyed it. I'll give it a review on Amazon in due course. Lots of luck to you, you deserve good sales.

Gaynor

Gaynor Madoc Leonard
@gaynor-madoc-leonard
12/12/10 12:42:38AM
302 posts

Ceri

I'm sorry that I'm a bit late in catching up with this. I've ordered your book, just a few minutes ago, and I'm looking forward to reading it. I don't know how aggressive your publisher is in promoting the book or which bookshops are stocking it. From my own meagre experience, I had postcards made (book's cover picture on the front and contact details/website etc. on the reverse) which I took to bookshops (mainly independent ones and the local tourist office) and asked them nicely to give them out to customers (and consider stocking the book). I have a website for the book too. I've found the independent outlets to be very supportive. Do you have a Twitter account? That is useful for promotion too. Interviews with local newspapers help.

Gaynor

Susan Thomas Thompson
@susan-thomas-thompson
11/21/10 06:40:07PM
2 posts
It sounds like all the best elements put into one spot. I definitely want to get my hands on it.Susan..
Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
11/11/10 10:41:02PM
568 posts
Hoping to post a review some time soon.....
Ceri Norman
@ceri-norman
11/11/10 10:37:48PM
9 posts
Thanks Rhianne, I will pop off and have a look. :o)
Rhianne Griffiths
@rhianne-griffiths
11/09/10 05:38:42PM
12 posts
I will site the example of Tracy Williams just take a careful look at what she did to promote her book using the power that is Web 2.0.It's an angle - may be not exactly the right one for you, ;o)) but you have to have a hook!Hwyl Rhianneaka @LadyBizBiz on Twitter
Rhianne Griffiths
@rhianne-griffiths
11/09/10 05:33:45PM
12 posts
Do you fully understand the viral power of social networking Ceri?Hwyl Rhianne
Ceri Norman
@ceri-norman
09/19/10 07:59:24PM
9 posts
Hi Lora,So glad you enjoyed it!Thanks for your tips, it's so kind of you and much appreciated. :o)Yup have an author website and FB page all organised, as I hope to have many more books in the years to come. The trailer sounds like a great idea, and a lot of fun to put together. Will try and message you with my email address if that fails theres a contact form on my website www.cerinorman.com Bright Blessings and thanks, Ceri
Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
09/19/10 07:13:33PM
8 posts
i got your book on Friday and I started last night around 7pm and read until 2am! Awesome read! I have some suggestions for "tweaking" that will help it sell here in the states, but they are relatively minor. Great job! I have recommended it to my students:)
Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
09/12/10 08:07:55PM
8 posts
One intersting site about promoting: http://www.davidlouisedelman.com/book-promotion/book-promotion/ Having a website is probably the biggest. The second would be a book trailer...a former student of mine and my daughter both created one for me and we put it on You Tube. This garnered quite a bit of interest. I have a FB page dedicated to my book and sent out page suggestions to all of my friends, who sent it to all of their friends, etc. I post updates on my book there. I had a lot of interest at first, but it has died down now...I'm hoping it would go back up once I've done something of note...I have some other ideas, but I will send you those once I've seen your book. Who is your publisher? Do you have an agent? One of the BEST ways would be to get an agent here or one there that does international rights. Most of our agents do. I have tons of info on writing queries, etc. If you are interested in the agent bit, shoot me a message with an email address and I'll send you links and lots of information on that! I have a few agents in mind that might be interested, but you know how the business is...i met them at the Austin Writer's Conference. My stuff isn't ready yet, but they might be interested in yours!Let me know...Lora
Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
09/12/10 07:57:22PM
8 posts
Just got word that my book is shipping tomorrow and will have between the 16th and 18th!
Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
09/12/10 07:23:55PM
8 posts
I'll keep you posted....promise....
Ceri Norman
@ceri-norman
09/12/10 07:18:12PM
9 posts
Hi Lora, Sorry to hear this. Amazon.com says they have it in stock (one left as of now) and more have been ordered from the publisher so they shouldn't be having any problems?Best wishes, Ceri
Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
09/12/10 07:08:58PM
8 posts
amazon is still trying to locate me a copy! I will report back once I get it! I am in Texas, if that matters, but I saw your post about promotions here. I have some ideas, but want to see it first. I'll get back to you:)
Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
09/08/10 01:23:48AM
8 posts
Congratulations!! I've ordered it...Can't wait to read it!
Lora Geneva
@lora-geneva
09/02/10 02:33:45AM
8 posts
Ewwwww!!!! I want to read it!!!!!!
Ceri Norman
@ceri-norman
08/17/10 09:01:40PM
9 posts
Thanks Jennifer, hope you love it!Celtic Maidens has been listed as an eligible book for the Wales Book of the Year Award 2011. I am so honoured!Bendithion, Ceri
Jennifer (aka Garan Gwyn)
@jennifer-aka-garan-gwyn
08/16/10 01:43:55AM
5 posts
Just from that blurb, I'm sold! In fact, I've already ordered a copy!!
Ceri Norman
@ceri-norman
08/15/10 12:26:17PM
9 posts

Hello everyone,

Thought you might be interested in hearingabout my new book, Celtic Maidens. It's a supernatural thriller based in the enigmatic and enchanting Preseli Mountains of Pembrokeshire, Wales. The tale draws heavily on the local lore, legends and landscape of this wonderful area, which even today is sometimes called the land ofmagic and enchantment- gwlad hud a lledrith.

Here's the blurb for you -

Celtic Maidens tells the story of Sin Derwyn whose life holds few pleasures except for her friends, her interest in local folklore and the standing stones until the day that Ryan Ackley arrives in her remote Welsh village.

Sin and Ryan are reincarnations of Celtic lovers who were slaughtered long ago. They are unaware that obsessive love, power struggles and murder have followed them down through the ages. Thwarted in ancient times, a murderous spirit has followed them through time and now, with them all reunited in the 21st century, he plans to fulfil his malevolent vendetta...

Reviews so far have been wonderful, this is an example from Amazon (UK) though the book is available through Amazon.com too. "From the moment I picked up the book I couldn't put it down, you are transported to a different time in place, where the smell of the moors and the touch of the stones are brought to life in the most detailed and amazing way. The intricate wording and the way that the tale of loves from past to present are portrayed are beautiful. Spell binding... Brilliant!"

http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Maidens-Ceri-Norman/dp/1907040552/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281870985&sr=8-1

If anyone has ideas on how to promote this book, especially in the States (on zero funds) please get in touch.

Bendithion, Ceri

updated by @ceri-norman: 12/15/15 08:36:42PM