Believe it or not..or not..or maybe..or could be?

Janet Louise Mancini
@janet-louise-mancini
05/17/13 06:30:09PM
14 posts

This is some story. Very intereesting.

helen2
@helen2
05/17/13 01:44:23PM
1 posts

Williams is one of the commonest surnames in North Wales and Hugh or Huw (Welsh spelling) is also very common. It's likely there was someone called Huw Williams on every ship crewed by a Welsh crew! Also, before deciding just how bizarre that coincidence was, I'd need to know how often ships actually sank on that stretch of coastline during the stormy winter months.

Harold Powell
@harold-powell
05/05/13 09:47:49PM
261 posts

The Dr. Who scenario did cross my mind... On the other hand I thought of the holodeck aboard the USS Enterprise-D an new old version of the Kobayashi Maru test which no Starfleet cadet ever successfully passed except Captain James T. Kirk.

Harold Powell
@harold-powell
05/05/13 07:29:00PM
261 posts

Ceri, that part is certainly correct. In fact, it might be harder believe if the bloke's name name weren't Hugh Williams.

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
05/05/13 06:08:35PM
568 posts

hmmmmmm....well there are a lot of Williams in north Wales.

Harold Powell
@harold-powell
05/05/13 03:13:27PM
261 posts

I have no idea if this is true..or not. But, according to mamy blogs, television programs and even Facebook "click-and-share" graphics (we all know how reliable those are) one of the strangest coincidences of all time involves the Menai Strait just off the coast of Wales:

I am pretty easy to trick. I once heard a college professor asked by a student, "Professor, did you know the word "gullible" is no where to be found in the new Oxford English Dictionary?" "Really?" the astonished professor exclaimed! "No," the student answered. We laughed.

updated by @harold-powell: 12/16/15 09:25:20PM