New "expressionist" portrait of Queen Elizabeth II

Gaynor Madoc Leonard
@gaynor-madoc-leonard
05/02/13 10:45:50AM
302 posts

Her expression (no pun intended) says "I can see just how this one is going to turn out, another dead loss". Poor woman!

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
05/01/13 11:24:25PM
568 posts

Whoever it was they had a few pints first.....or maybe it was the woman who did the chapel painting restoration a few months back

Harold Powell
@harold-powell
05/01/13 11:16:04PM
261 posts

Ceri, I see the resemblance. All she needs is a uniform. I wonder if a Rugby referee painted this?

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
05/01/13 11:05:56PM
568 posts

Looks like Muammar Gaddafi with a white wig on

Harold Powell
@harold-powell
05/01/13 10:39:36PM
261 posts

Hmmmm...

I took my 9 year-old granddaughter to an art museum this past weekend and she was quite enjoying herself. When we came upon the Expressionist Gallery she stood there speechless looking about with a strange "expression" on her face (hence the name?). Not wanting to say the wrong thing I explained that expressionist art sometimes looks best when viewed from a distance. "Up close, it can look a bit...a bit...pixelated." Without a word she immediately she began backing up across the gallery, through a doorway, then another gallery, then another until she was standing at the far end of a hallway gazing at the portrait in front of me. She shrugged and walked back across the museum to where I was waiting. "Still doesn't look good..." she said.

I didn't tell her but THAT was sort of my feeling too. I braced myself because the next gallery was dedicated to modern art.

The portrait above was commissioned by the Welsh Rugby Union:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2317816/Queen-portrait-Expressionist-style-art-unveiled-Welsh-Rugby-Union-mark-Diamond-Jubilee.html

updated by @harold-powell: 11/11/15 10:38:53PM