Welsh Tartans

Howard Evans
@howard-evans
04/17/10 02:01:38AM
7 posts
Oops! I did it again. I guess it was before I joined. The longtime members may be tired of this discussion, but what the heck, maybe there are some new views. The previous discussion is worth reading.
Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
04/16/10 11:53:28PM
568 posts
Sut Mae Howard...thanks for re-opening this old chestnut:) We had a long discussion on it a year or so ago which can be seen at this url:- http://americymru.ning.com/forum/topics/2111712:Topic:11710 but theres probably much more to be said on the subject.
Howard Evans
@howard-evans
04/16/10 10:20:30PM
7 posts
In a continuing effort to establish a Welsh Celtic identification, the Welsh Woolen Industry has introduced family and some general purpose tartans. The wool is from sheep grown in Wales, the material is woven in Wales, and the products are produced in Wales.

The Welsh may or may not have a tradition of tartans and Kilts depending on your perspective and acceptance of the discussion of the arguments for both sides of the question. It can also be noted that the Irish did not have the tradition of Tartans and Kilts, but they are commonly accepted today.

I would like to know your ideas about how to increase Welsh awareness in the sense of recognition by others who are not Welsh. I would also like to know your feelings toward the Celtic traditions of Tartans and Cilts for the Welsh.

updated by @howard-evans: 11/11/15 10:37:31PM