left coast eisteddfod. - accommodation

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
04/17/09 10:26:56PM
568 posts
We most certainly plan to. In fact we have a room downstairs where we will be hosting 7 or 8 special events and in other venues around the town. Would you be interested in doing a presentation,,,for instance, perhaps, on the Madoc issue?
BEE RICHARDS
@bee-richards
04/17/09 10:05:12PM
21 posts
Wen we have bee over previously we have always concentrated on Super 8 & 6 Motels. But accommodation near the 'scene' would be advantageous. As we do not know the area, we would not like to book anything at the moment because what looks near on the map could be miles away.It would be nice to have a get together with other visitors, and competitors and also local artist and inhabitants. Best ............. BeePerhaps you could include readings from Welsh authors/poets etc., fopr 'fringe' eventsGood luck with the task
Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
04/17/09 09:46:21PM
568 posts
Hi BeeWe will also look at the possibility of putting up Eisteddfod visitors with local members and supporters. Cant guarantee anything on that but we will try. Anyway....great to hear that you are coming over. Looking forward to meeting in person.Cofion GorauCeri
gaabi
@gaabi
04/17/09 09:35:31PM
135 posts
Hey, Bee!I'll be putting up a page on Portland with hotel/B&B/motel information and car rental companies and all that kind of stuff. My plan was to go to hotels and B&Bs near the ballroom and try to get someone to cut us a group deal - I'll post contact info, a map showing where they are in relation to the event, how much they are, pix of the rooms and description.I was also planning to include some tourist info and I'd love to know what people would like to see here - please give me suggestions so I can track it down for people!It'd be great to get to meet you, Bee!
BEE RICHARDS
@bee-richards
04/17/09 09:19:09PM
21 posts
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can recommend any hotels / motels etc., which would be near the locastion of the Eisteddfod. Hope to be there fore the eventBest............ Bee (Richards)
updated by @bee-richards: 12/04/15 03:57:45PM