"Mr Tim" by Peter George

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
12/20/12 10:14:52PM
568 posts

Wiki has the following re ISBN:-

"The International Standard Book Number ( ISBN ) is a unique [ 1 ] [ 2 ] numeric commercial book identifier based upon the 9-digit Standard Book Numbering (SBN) code created by Gordon Foster, Emeritus Professor of Statistics at Trinity College, Dublin , [ 3 ] for the booksellers and stationers W. H. Smith and others in 1965. [ 4 ]

The 10-digit ISBN format was developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and was published in 1970 as international standard ISO 2108. [ 4 ] (However, the 9-digit SBN code was used in the United Kingdom until 1974.) An SBN may be converted to an ISBN by prepending the digit '0'. Currently, the ISO TC 46/SC 9 is responsible for the ISBN. The ISO on-line facility only refers back to 1978. [ 5 ]

Since 1 January 2007, ISBNs have contained 13 digits, a format that is compatible with Bookland EAN -13s. [ 6 ]

Occasionally, a book may appear without a printed ISBN if it is printed privately or the author does not follow the usual ISBN procedure; however, this can be rectified later. [ 7 ]

A similar numeric identifier, the International Standard Serial Number (ISSN), identifies periodical publications such as magazines ."

So I'm guessing the answer would be no. ISBN would be the same here. Will get round to adding Mr Tim to the AC bookstore.

RE: "There's a website (which I'd never heard of) called www.deastore.com " Ditto and likwise

Gaynor Madoc Leonard
@gaynor-madoc-leonard
12/20/12 09:51:26PM
302 posts

Okay, a little more searching on a different search engine reveals that the paperback is for sale online at a few Australian and other stores as well as Waterstone's in the UK. There's a website (which I'd never heard of) called www.deastore.com (might be Italian) which has it for Euro10.95 (postage free worldwide?). The ISBN for the paperback is:

Would the ISBN be different in the States? That gives me something to go anyway and I can go to a bookshop and order it.

Gaynor Madoc Leonard
@gaynor-madoc-leonard
12/20/12 09:39:53PM
302 posts

You did well to find that, I didn't! Seems like a very nice man. I think I'll just have to write to him and ask about how to buy a paperback.

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
12/20/12 09:22:02PM
568 posts

Went looking for this....also drew a blank There is a charming vid on YouTube however. You probably saw that already but I'll post it here just to encourage others to look him up.

Gaynor Madoc Leonard
@gaynor-madoc-leonard
12/20/12 07:21:07PM
302 posts

Liz Whittaker mentioned this book in a blog not too long ago but I'm afraid I've only just caught up with it!

I would like to buy the paperback and searched for it on the internet (Amazon.co.uk only seems to have it in e-book format) but the search engine kept asking me if I wanted Goodnight Mr Tom and a variety of things. Then I searched for Carn Ffoi publishing and got a long list of stuff about Carn Ingli. In the end, I went to Amazon and looked inside the book where there's an address given for Carn Ffoi (perhaps the author's home address?) but no website or e-mail.

It's not really my place to say anything but I'm sure it would help if Mr George had a real internet presence; to start with, it would make it easier for bookshops and/or readers to order Mr Tim.

updated by @gaynor-madoc-leonard: 11/11/15 10:38:34PM