hafod eryri

alwyn parry
@alwyn-parry
07/17/09 03:40:07AM
9 posts
As a youngster more than 50 years ago we used to walk up Y Wyddfa at night during the harvest moon unfortunately there was no bus service when we arrived back at the bottom on Sunday morning so would then walk our blisters home to Caernarfon.I can assure you there were no objections to the floor of the coffee bar and the steaming windows those nights.
Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
06/12/09 06:08:12AM
568 posts
Looking forward to hearing them Brynle, As an old hill-walker and a bit of a conservation bore it always used to annoy me that there was a caf on the top of our highest peak. But I suppose I was damned glad to use it on a couple of occasions, especially after 'doing' the Crib Goch arete. Hope they've done a good job of the refurb.Heres a news article from the Independent for anyone who's looking for some background:- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/makeover-for-highest--slum-in-wales-1690633.html
Brynle Williams
@brynle-williams
06/12/09 05:50:47AM
1 posts
Well pobl the day has finally arrived, today the visitors centre on the summit of Snowdenis to be opened,and I will be there . I will let you all know my views soon,must leave now to catch the "Tren bach yr Wyddfa.
updated by @brynle-williams: 11/11/15 10:37:22PM