Gavin And Stacey

andrew popp
@andrew-popp
07/11/10 11:43:28AM
3 posts
i live about 30 mins drive away from barry and i get my sea fishing bait from a shop only a few streets away..
andrew popp
@andrew-popp
07/11/10 11:41:51AM
3 posts
try you tube ...
Jon Jones
@jon-jones
03/30/10 07:39:30AM
3 posts
Series One is available in region 1 (us and canada) on amazon.com - could not find any other series on there though. http://www.amazon.com/Gavin-Stacey-Season-Mathew-Horne/dp/B001PWY4U4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1269930757&sr=8-1 Can't believe the BBC hasn't got that one covered yet - and they are shouting about not having any money here in the UK...
Pauline Waddell
@pauline-waddell
03/10/10 02:32:53PM
5 posts
Thanks Nancy, I'll search Google for series 3 and the Smithy red nose special.
Nancy Gameson
@nancy-gameson
03/10/10 01:27:53PM
3 posts
We have watched it several times! It is so well done! There is another Comic Relief with Smithy and the English Football team.
Nancy Gameson
@nancy-gameson
03/10/10 01:25:05PM
3 posts
My Welsh husband and I love it! My husband is from Ysrad Mynach originally and remembers going to Barry as a child and getting sand in his sandwiches. We have googled Gavin and Stacey "complete episodes" and found a site that showed the whole third series. Lyn watched the second series on a website from Japan. Good luck finding it.
DaveLewis
@dave-lewis2
08/16/09 08:29:12PM
19 posts
How can the Americans remake things and expect them to be the same? We've got "Coupling" - a funny version of the unfunny "Friends", but did you see what they did to "The Office"? I mean, people all over the UK don't get Carediff humour, oh dear.
Julie Deane
@julie-deane
07/26/09 04:33:24PM
5 posts
Have you seen the Comic Relief 2009 video of Nessa and Bryn singing Islands in the Stream with Tom Jones? it's on iTunes - it's fantastic.
Nancy Gameson
@nancy-gameson
06/25/09 07:40:11PM
3 posts
My husband and I saw the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special while we were in Wales for Christmas. We were able to get it on Net Flicks and watch the first series. We really enjoyed it. I love Nessa too! She is such a great character. I think we are waiting to get the next series.
ArthMawr
@arthmawr
06/17/09 08:22:15PM
13 posts
New Jersey would work well as an equivalent for Essex Chav's but I would pick Maine as a Stacey equivalent. Mainers are noted for their dry wit and dour countenance, for a near simulacrum see Red Green.If she was from Maine, Nessa would say "Hows yer bug?" for Whats occuring - Reference comedian Bob Marley for other dialect peculiarities.
Côr Meibion Morlais
@cr-meibion-morlais
02/04/09 10:42:37PM
1 posts
Hi,I think you can watch Gavin & Stacey on BBC America: http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/327/index.jsp I also think that you can buy the first series on Region 1: http://www.bbcamericashop.com/video/gavin-and-stacey-season-1-14972.html?AID=10273980&PID=854671 Hope that helps.Stuart StreetCor Meibion Morlais
Pauline Waddell
@pauline-waddell
02/02/09 08:13:08PM
5 posts
Thanks everyone for your input re Gavin and Stacey. I can get the whole series off itunes but have to watch the shows on my computer. Maybe I can copy from my MAC to a DVD and then watch on TV. Good grief, it's too complicated. About the American version if they make one: No way could they ever catch the humour by using a New Jersey boy and a South Carolina girl. What would Nessa say instead of Whats occuring? and when she has Smithy in her hotel room, what would they call an ensuite bathroom, And how would they say "we all knows what we're ere for now let's ger on with it. Uncle Bryn thinks that WWW.com is WildWelshWomen.com. This show is so funny, I laugh just thinking about it. Anyway I can't see a US version of Jack and Mary with laugh tracks and non funny lines.
Don
@don
02/02/09 06:27:25AM
5 posts
You can get seasons one and two on Netflix.
Marilyn Martin Mort
@marilyn-martin-mort
01/31/09 03:53:30PM
7 posts
Sorry I can't help you but the show sounds good. maybe sometime they will export it. Marilyn
Pauline Waddell
@pauline-waddell
01/31/09 03:49:35PM
5 posts
Does anyone know where I can see previous episodes of Gavin and Stacey. I tried to buy a DVD but they are all in UK format and wont work on my US DVD player. I love Nessa, she is so fabulous and perfect for a Barry girl. I was in Wales for Christmas and New Year and saw the show for the first time. It is hysterical, I laughed so hard. I want to see MORE.
updated by @pauline-waddell: 12/02/15 09:41:49PM