Llecheynfanwydd Wales

Dafydd Owain Hughes
@dafydd-owain-hughes
10/12/08 03:46:07AM
34 posts
Joel,I was raised in Amlwch Ynys Mon (Anglesey), don't really know about the whereabouts of Llecheynfanwydd but will ask my Dad, as our family dates back to Celtic times on the island; let me see what I can find out for you,yn gywirDafydd Owain Hughes
Beverly G
@beverly-g
10/11/08 02:36:13PM
3 posts
I have found one more site that might help you. They have provided me with 15 minutes of free service, after that its a paid service. ARCHIVES@anglesey.gov.ukWithin 15 minutes they found my great great great grandparents marriage information.
Seirian Celyn Gwenllian Tomos
@seirian-celyn-gwenllian-tomos
10/08/08 10:26:38PM
17 posts
PS. You can also just type in Llechcynfarwy into google earth and it should take you to it.
10/08/08 03:56:05PM
17 posts
Hi Joel,A bit of further info for you. If you go on Google Earth you can bring up Llecheynfanwy with the following co-ordinates. 53 degrees 18 mins 08.76 ins north. 4 degrees 25 mins 51.05 west. The location can also be found on OS GB Map 114. GRID REF 381812. If this is unsucessful find a viallage called Trefor which is to the east of Bodedern and Llecheynfarwy is to the north east of Trefor.Hope this helps somemore in your family research.Seirian.
10/07/08 09:12:51AM
17 posts
Sent you an e mail to make the connection. Happy to talk further.Seirian
Joel Thomas Fabin
@joel-thomas-fabin
10/06/08 09:25:37PM
10 posts
Thanks Bev. Nice informative websites.
Joel Thomas Fabin
@joel-thomas-fabin
10/06/08 07:37:45PM
10 posts
Thanks a ton. Here is my e-mail address: Dram202@yahoo.com drop me a note I'd like to talk with you further.Hwyl,Joel
10/06/08 08:16:32AM
17 posts
not a problem. the book i have listed above actually states that the place is also known with the spelling that you originally posted so i think its all correct. anything i can find out i will.
Joel Thomas Fabin
@joel-thomas-fabin
10/06/08 06:47:44AM
10 posts
Wow! I am not sure what to say, that would be truly awesome! Thank you for such a generous offer.Joel
10/05/08 07:07:22PM
17 posts
Hi Joel,As a regular visitor to Ynys Mon I took a keen interest in your posting on here.I know someone who is quite an authority on welsh history and especially Ynys Mon, and they have come up with the following info for you.Firstly the spelling has slightly mutated from Llechcynfarwyr, which is first mentioned as a farm/homestead in records from 1254. It is in the comote of Llifon on Ynys Mon. Its means Stone of Cynfarwyr, and further reference can be found in the following book. Dictionary of Place Names of Wales. page 292, ISBN NUMBER 9781843239017. I am going to Ynys Mon in 8 days and will go to look for this place for you and if I find it I will take some photos and let you have them either through here or via e mail.Hope this helps.HywlSeirian.
Beverly G
@beverly-g
10/04/08 03:55:57PM
3 posts
Not sure if this will help but these folks have been helpful to me before and Anglesey is not far from them. Perhaps you could ask them about resources in Anglesey? I also have research there to do if you ever find anything. http://www.gwyneddfhs.org/ Beverly
Joel Thomas Fabin
@joel-thomas-fabin
09/04/08 05:07:37AM
10 posts
Hope I am posting this in the correct spot. I am looking for some online resources for this town in Anglesey, or if anyone can lend me some information and or point me in the correct direction, I would greatly appreciate it.This is the town my Family was from before migrating to the United States, but have found little information on the web. I am trying to get some info before a family reunion this coming Saturday.Thanks in advance,JoelJoel
updated by @joel-thomas-fabin: 12/13/15 06:02:23AM