Brian Stephen John
@brian-stephen-john
03/02/12 10:26:01PM
17 posts

Do we know why funding is being pulled? I must admit I didn't realise that WBC puts funding into anything in the publications field........... I'd hazard a guess that WBC has had a reduced budget to play with, in these hard times.... and has been forced into some tough decisions.

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
03/02/12 07:55:15PM
568 posts

Hi Peter

AmeriCymru will be happy to do whatever it can to support Cambria Magazine. If you can put them in touch with us can offer free advertising on AC and collaborate with them on a subscription drive this side of the pond. We are also more than happy to cooperate with and help circulate, any petition they may see fit to launch. We will instigate this ourselves if they feel that is appropriate.

We are aware of the difficulties that independent magazines face in these times of economic hardship and entirely agree that the loss of Cambria would be extremely regrettable and is to be avoided if at all possible.

Cofion

Ceri

peter williams
@peter-williams
03/02/12 01:37:50PM
1 posts

Dear Friends of Wales

Ceri, we must help Cambria through your pages. We just have to reach as many people as possible and get out the word that they need to support Wales's premier magazine. I consider this of paramount importance. I'm sure you'll agree. Perhaps we can, as Welsh Americans, petition the els books Council. This is what I sent to WBC upon my learning that they are withdrawing their funding of Cambria.

Hi Lucy, I am editor of The Eagle and the Dragon, the quarterly publication of the National American Welsh Foundation, of which I am also a Board member. We are all deeply disturbed at the WBC's withdrawal of financial support for the Cambria. The Cambria has been earning a tremendous, enviable reputation as "the" magazine of Wales. Before its advent, overseas Welsh had to rely on what were nothing more than travel magazines. so this is one more nail in the coffin of Wales and one more chipping away at whatever national reputation the "hen wlad" has been earning since devolution. Perhaps you could enlighten me on the reasons for the withdrawal of funding. Do I simply put it as an austerity measure by the Welsh Assembly in the time of recession?? Sincerely, yn ddiffuant, Peter N. Williams, Ph.D. Newark, De. USA

updated by @peter-williams: 11/11/15 10:38:11PM