Help for Welsh Troops in UK

Dylan Thomas Priddy
@dylan-thomas-priddy
06/03/10 04:58:42AM
30 posts
i probably have ptsd too but wasnt in warthe new compact lightbulbs i think screwed me up worsetry halogen or incandescentgood luck
Paul Mathias
@paul-mathias
06/02/10 02:59:09PM
5 posts
its been 8 years since i left,still miss the lads......but not the bullshit lol
Dai Williams
@dai-williams
06/01/10 02:33:22PM
14 posts
OKI served with Richie many moons ago. Can't believe it's 21 years since I left.Dai
Paul Mathias
@paul-mathias
06/01/10 01:47:41PM
5 posts
yes, he is one of the charity directors. Im one of the menions lol
Dai Williams
@dai-williams
06/01/10 01:42:29PM
14 posts
Are you part of or aware of the Royal Welsh Vetrans site, Richie on taht site is involved with setting this up. Are you talking about the same place?Dai
Paul Mathias
@paul-mathias
06/01/10 12:19:43PM
5 posts
Hi Dai,Believe it or not Help for Heroes have refused to help us.They said "they will decide where and when these centres get set up" wales isnt due for one so our lads have to travel. We are on our own and trying to keep it all welsh.Thanks for having a lookregardsPaul
Paul Mathias
@paul-mathias
06/01/10 12:19:38PM
5 posts
Ill get our director to drop you an emailRegadsPaul
Dai Williams
@dai-williams
06/01/10 12:09:44PM
14 posts
HiI've got a shop in Treorchy and I sell Help for Heroes stuff. Have you asked them for any help? or the British Legion?Dai
Kerry O'Donoghue
@kerry-odonoghue
06/01/10 12:03:48PM
3 posts
Hiya I'm an ex-QARANC from Cardiff,I'm working on setting up something with some US ex-Vets and The Brittany Foundation http://brittanyfoundation.homestead.com/ to help ex-servicemen. Everyone in the US is being really, really supportive. If you want we can compare notes in relation to the homing of animals as a form of therapy and company for servicemen when they leave the service. I am also looking at helping children who have lost parents or siblings because of military service.Anything I can do to help just shout.Kindest Regards,Kerry
Paul Mathias
@paul-mathias
05/29/10 09:09:57PM
5 posts

Hi all,

My name is Paul Mathias, iam an ex service man from Bridgend in South Wales. I am a fund raiser for a charity here in Wales. We are trying to raise funds to re open an unused mansion and make it into a recovery centre for serving and ex serving members of our armed forces with PTSD.

There are recovery units in England,Scotland and Northern Ireland but there are no plans for any in Wales,thats why a small band of people have got together to help the healing process here in Wales.Our first goal is 200k to get our hands on the keys and start the clean up and building process

I know that most of you are so far away but if you could please have a look at our website and pass on any comments.

The website is www.goldengroveappeal.com and my email address is paulm1506@aol.com if you would like to drop me a line.Thanks for your time.

Regards

Paul

updated by @paul-mathias: 11/11/15 10:37:33PM