Do you remember your school satchel?

Marilyn Martin Mort
@marilyn-martin-mort
08/19/09 01:57:18AM
7 posts
Julie, are you on Facebook? I see a lot ads on there and it tells how to place an ad. I don't know what it costs tho.
Julie Deane
@julie-deane
08/18/09 09:37:20PM
5 posts
Thank you, I'm just glad you like the look of them. I live in Cambridge now, I lived near Swansea for the first 20 years of my life but I'm afraid I never came across any Martins - Thomas, Jones, Evans..... yes
Marilyn Martin Mort
@marilyn-martin-mort
08/18/09 09:23:11PM
7 posts
And Julie I wish I could help you in your venture,but I have no expertise in that field.
Marilyn Martin Mort
@marilyn-martin-mort
08/18/09 09:20:14PM
7 posts
Pardon my stupidity.:) I thought it was something like that but wasn't sure. Do you live in Wales now? I have been trying to track down the Martins who came from Wales in the 1700's with no luck. Do you know any Martins there now? I am on a genealogy site, but have never seen the name Martin, so I am wondering if they went by another name there
Julie Deane
@julie-deane
08/18/09 09:14:24PM
5 posts
expat is just short for expatriate, so newspapers aimed at Welsh or British people living in the States.
Marilyn Martin Mort
@marilyn-martin-mort
08/18/09 08:09:42PM
7 posts
I don't know of any " expat" newspapers, in fact I don't know what that means. The satchels are lovely.
Julie Deane
@julie-deane
08/18/09 08:06:13PM
5 posts
Yes, most of the satchels I have sold over there have been to trendy adults (media usually, or cyclists - they have the backpack satchel). I should have put my website on so you can see them: www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk I think I remember a paper called The Union Jack or something like that when I lived in Rockford, IL. Any expat newspapers that anyone knows of?
Marilyn Martin Mort
@marilyn-martin-mort
08/18/09 08:01:22PM
7 posts
Julie, Most American kids use backpacks today. I am not sure what your satchels are like,but I am sure they are nice. Marilyn Martin Mort, Warsaw,In
Julie Deane
@julie-deane
08/18/09 07:39:39PM
5 posts
My first satchel came from Sidney Heath in Swansea, you could get them anywhere but not now. So after trying on and off for two years to find a satchel for my daughter I started my little business, called The Cambridge Satchel Company. I want to get noticed in America but the market is so big over there that I don't know where to start, especially since I'm such a long way away and it's been years since we lived over in America. Any websites recommended? or expat shops? I'd really appreciate your thoughts, diolch, JuliePS I have lovely red satchels and have a dragon stamp I use to emboss a silver dragon!
updated by @julie-deane: 11/11/15 10:37:26PM