completed Nerds of the Mabinogi ( Archive )

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
12/08/15 02:21:28AM
568 posts

Nerds of The Mabinogi - COMPLETE

Posted by Ceri Shaw on February 18, 2010 at 2:34pm in Three Word Story Group

Here at Americymru we take our b/s very seriously. Many of you assume that the administration of our three word group is a haphazard and random process. Let me assure you that such is not the case. We have developed a highly sophisticated command and control mechanism which ensures that the b/s flows in the correct channels at all times and that the sluice gates are opened on schedule. Thanks to member, Swansea Jack we are now in a position to allow you to take a peak at our 'flow' charts in action. if you click on the following link, you will be privileged to witness the esoteric workings of our administrative hub in action for the first time:-  http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=t-0PrqTNiVq-GGDbWKBcoWA&... Check back every couple of days or so for updates.

Meanwhile the new story below, 'Nerds of the Mabinogi' is a tribute to the backroom boys  including Swansea Jack who keep our literary odyssey afloat and ensure that we are not swamped in a tidal wave of our own effluent Laugh

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Pepsi and Doritos, Twinkies and Kit-Kats piled up around peeled carrot spears, empty beer cans and potato peelings, mini slide rules - a nerd's fodder! (or his 'mudder' - shortening his dungarees, ironing his shirt-pockets, 'band-aid'ing his spectacles, tying his bowtie, mousse-ing the cowlick.)

Oh, the fun! - spell 'Oedipus complex!'

Nerd #1 forgot: “chap-sticks, matching pipe 'n' slippers . . .”

‘MAD’ magazine clutched with great aplomb, ‘Spy vs Spy’ , carefully dog-eared, Nerd #2 began alphabetizing his L a T e X running pants (and) reorganizing his money so as to sort the rows according to date and sell-by . . . the sell-by date - if formatted correctly!

He wetted himself with his spit. As he spat at his mouse, his cursor winked - neatly doing rounds over his laptop, moving his toolbar at speed of lightning!

"What next" said he, ejaculating loudly - inserting and removing his floppy disc in and out -“My disc is sorely fragmented again! I need more floppies and Cadbury's milk chocolate bars melted over cockles and Milky Ways covered with gravy. ‘Tis tax season. My spreadsheets! My calendar is outdated!! Ma-ma!!! Fix my bedroom electronic toys they don't worrrkkk!!”

“Out of Order!” Grandma barked. Startling (him), (she) switched on the broken 'counting' mechanism, and stamped back - using her fingers to poke eyes, ignoring the rules.

But enjoying himself until Grandma shouted, Nerd #2 continued picking at zits muttering in Latin and carpet slippers bearing abacus logos reciting Avrogadro's Hypothesis mixed with Pythagoras's thee-rems, Pilgrim's Progress and a bit of

updated by @ceri-shaw: 12/11/15 09:12:32PM