Welsh soul food

Ceri Shaw
@ceri-shaw
05/29/11 06:13:57PM
568 posts
People drink a LOT of tea in Wales and while traditionally there have been no specifically Welsh teas, in recent years we have witnessed the introduction of brews like Paned Cymreig http://www.welshbrewtea.co.uk/ to the market. These are very good and best accompanied imho with a bakestone ( welshcake ) or two. Welshcakes are pretty basic but easy to make and surprisingly addictive.Of course this is a snack and there is more to Welsh cuisine.
m.c. chuka
@mc-chuka
05/29/11 04:33:03PM
3 posts

Swansea Jack, I had to look that up (and figure out how to pronouce it). I'm sure it would be equally a revelation to the Central Whidbey Republican Women's organization at cwrw.org, too

And while beer is a wonderful thing, I was more asking about what you're using it to wash down?

m.c. chuka
@mc-chuka
05/29/11 02:44:33PM
3 posts
I'm really new to exploring the culture of my Welsh (or is it more appropriate to say Cymru?) ancestors. My husband, who is Italian and Cuban, has a familial history of incredible recipes. I'm wondering what kind of cuisine the Welsh consider comfort food? Hopefully it's something I can try to make at home from ingredients I can find in Florida.
updated by @mc-chuka: 11/11/15 10:37:49PM